Easy & Healthy Baked Banana Recipe
Growing up, one of my all-time favorite desserts was fried bananas. To this day, it’s my family’s go-to dessert order at any Thai, Indian or other South East Asian restaurant.
As much as I would love to eat fried bananas every day, I wanted something healthier that I could eat guilt-free while still satisfying my cravings.
Check out my recipe below for this healthy and sweet, low calorie, oven-baked banana recipe!
Cinnamon Honey Baked Banana Recipe
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Bake: 10-15 minutes
Number of servings: 3 servings (1 serving per banana)
- Bananas – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg – 1 tsp
- Honey – 3 tsp
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grab your banana and use a knife to make a long slit across the banana. Slice the banana in half, length ways, along the slit and separate the two halves.
- Leave the peel on the banana – this will help maintain the shape while the banana bakes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg across the banana. I used about 1 tsp of each for all three bananas. Add a very small drizzle of honey to each banana.
- Repeat this process with all bananas, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 min. at 400°F.
- Remove and drizzle a bit of honey on top (I used about 1 tsp per banana). Let the bananas cool for 5-10 minutes and then serve.
Optional: Serve with a scoop of ice cream of any flavor! (Vanilla, Coconut and Butter Pecan are excellent choices!)