Easy & Fruity Margarita Recipe
On a warm summer day, nothing tastes better than an ice-cold drink. For me, my go-to drink of choice has often been a margarita. Something about the tangy taste of lime and tequila coupled with the sweetness of margarita mix has always left me craving a sip on a nice, sunny day.
I love experimenting with different flavors, fruits and mixers and this time, I opted in for a watermelon-based mixer. Check out the recipe below for watermelon mint iced tea margaritas!
Watermelon Mint Iced Tea Margaritas
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooling Time: 15 minutes
Serves 6 glasses
- 1/4 Watermelon
- Mint Tea – 2 Tea Bags (or Mint Leaves)
- Rosemary Leaves
- Boil water in kettle or a pot on the stove. If you are using a pot, transfer to a pitcher once the water has boiled. Add in two tea bags of a mint tea of your choosing. If you have mint leaves, you can steep those in the hot water instead of using tea bags.
- Let the tea steep in the hot water for 5-10 minutes
- While the tea is steeping, take one watermelon and slice it into 4 equal parts. Grab one quarter and cut the fruit off the skin.
- Dice the watermelon into small pieces. Throw the pieces into the blender and blend until completely liquefied. Transfer into serving bowl.
- Cool the tea and the watermelon juice in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Grab margarita/drinking glasses and rub lemon across the entire rim.
- Pour salt on a flat surface, like a cutting board, or a bowl big enough to fit your glasses. Place your drinking glasses rim down onto the salt, and keep rotating the glass until the entire rim is coated in salt.
- Grab the mint tea and watermelon juice from the freezer, as well as your tequila.
- Add 1.5 shots of tequila, 1/3 cup of of tea, and 3 scoops of watermelon juice (ice cream scoop size) into each glass.
- Stir well. Add 3-4 ice cubes and garnish with rosemary leaves.